Sunday, August 5, 2007

Mental Preparation


Four days until the ride ! Today a dreary rain falls across northwest Ohio. This is a much needed rain during a rather dry, hot summer. The weather seems to match the training goal of the day - "renewal". The next four days are rest days. At least physically resting as I prepare for a drive to Cleveland to join the other Pan Hope riders who will embark with me along the 300 plus mile journey to Cincinnati. Renewal means eating right, getting plenty of sleep, packing what I need and reflecting upon the marvelous support I've received from donors and friends who have cheered my training on through sharing their cancer stories. This morning I wrote thank you letters to donors and added more names to my bike jersey. Names of people who have or are battling cancer. Names given to me by donors who want to honor or remember their loved ones who have faced cancer and either won or lost their physical battle. I ride for them!

No comments: