Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I Bike for Life


A couple of years ago Melissa Ethridge wrote a song, "I Run for Life" as a theme song for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure event. Her words were rooted in her own personal battle with cancer. The chorus of her song states: I run for hope; I run to feel; I run for the truth; for all that is real; I run for your mother, your sister, your wife; I run for you and me, my friend; I run for life". The word "bike" could easily be substituted for the word "run": I bike for hope, I bike to feel; I bike for the truth; for all that is real; I bike for my mother, her sister, and Al's wife; I bike for you and me, my friend; I bike for life". In honor and memory of all those for whom I bike during this week's Pan Hope Ride, I will wear a jersey with their names. Thanks Melissa for my voice in your song and thanks to all of you for whom I ride: Mom, Dad, Sally, Tim, Grandma, Ed, Vic, Sue, Bill, Tuck, Joseph Weston, Al Sands, Thomas Buhr, Bev Johnson, Karen, Kelli, Karen R., Theresa Weston, Maggie Duvall, Robyn, Melissa - I bike for you!

One more day until the ride!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.