Monday, August 6, 2007

Fifteen Minutes of Fame

It seems like everyone is trying to get his or her "fifteen minutes of fame". Cliche as it might be it seems true to me. Consider all the people who try out for American Idol -and who shouldn't try out - they are out for their moment of fame. When the Toledo Blade asked if I would be interested in sharing my story about training for the Pan Hope Ride, it was not about my fifteen minutes of fame. For me it was about helping people in northwest Ohio become aware of a wonderful cause. I was raised with the idea that "good works" should be done in "secret", but I felt that this journey was worth sharing. Several donations have come in as a result of the Blade story. As a result, I am thankful that the story went public. You can find the story at: http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070802/NEIGHBORS05/708010332&SearchID=73289432722769

Three days until the ride!

No comments: