Saturday, August 11, 2007

Glorious Flats


Day three of the Pan Ohio included 79 miles through some wonderfully flat land. Today was a dramatic change from the hills of yesterday. Times increased and the pack of riders bunched up along the route today. I teamed up with thee other riders during the first 28 miles before the first rest stop. Through rolling hillside we managed just over 16 MPH while we each took turns drafting and pulling. I often train alone but today I truly. Saw the value of the team. Not only did I save energy when I drafted but I could set the pace when I pulled. Additionally I had the benefit of cheering each other on through the hills and I really experienced a team environment. After the first rest stop we picked up 7 more and our pellaton was really working. We were able to finish the 79 mile ride averaging 16 miles an hour on very tired legs from the day of hills before.Today we stay at Antioch Colege and celebrate different awards for various find raising activities. One more day of 73 miles awaits. Temperatures are expected to be near 100. We leave it all out on the course tomorrow!!

No comments: