Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Blue Ridge Highway

Shortly I will be leaving for a week long motorcycle road trip. My first. My destination: The Blue Ridge Parkway.  The Blue Ridge Parkway is a 469 mile long route that begins in Virginia's Shenandoah National Park and continues along through the Great Smoky Mountains until it end in the state of North Carolina. The highway includes a number of mountain ranges of the great Appalachian chair. It extended through four national forests and crosses six major rivers. I am so looking forward to getting away. I am looking forward to experiencing a motorcycle road trip. Our initial plans call for approximately 1500 miles round trip. Our tentative plans calls for us to arrive in Waynesboro, Va the first night; then traveling along the Blue Ridge Highway beginning the second day. We will follow the Blue Ridge all the way through taking any side adventures we find. Once arriving in NC, we will decide where we go from there. Our only commitment is our leaving time and arriving time. The rest is up to us and the weather.   So, soon, I'm off for a road trip. 

No comments: