Saturday, September 19, 2009

Christmas in September


Ok - I can handle the "Christmas in July" concept. Often used because it is roughly half way through a year. But Christmas in September? You have got to be kidding. It seems that each year, stores begin to bring in the Christmas decoration and "sales" earlier and earlier. Well, this year is no differently. I was at the mall for my one of three annual visits. For me it is a visit in the fall to update the fall and winter wardrobe. Then it is a visit between Thanksgiving and Christmas for the annual Christmas visit - not necessarily shopping, but I really enjoy the holiday decorations. Then I visit in the spring to get the wardrobe ready for summer. But today, I made a rare visit between traditional visits. There I found Christmas decorations in the "Holiday Shop". I figured it was only one store, but no, it was all three major anchor stores. I was flabbergasted. What about those of us who enjoy Halloween? Or me, who really enjoys celebrating Thanksgiving and being thankful for the blessings of the year? So, is the early push for Christmas an ever growing trend, or is this a symptom of the economy and one more ploy to try to people to spend money?

No comments: