Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Night To Remember: Ann Hampton Callway

Tonight I had the wonderful and joyous opportunity to make a discovery - a new "artist" to enjoy. Have you ever found yourself agreeing to something before you knew what you agreed to? Come-on, admit it.....there has been a time in your life that you say "ok", then asked yourself - what is that? Well, this time, I agree to attend a fundraising event featuring an artist, with whom I was not familiar. I figure that I supporting a good foundation, so it was more about the foundation than the artist. I was in for an amazing surprise. The event featured Ann Hampton Callaway - a self-proclaimed, American Diva - an outstanding Jazz singer who just mezmerized me through her 60 minute performance. She connected with the crowd with her personality and dazzled me with her amazing voice. A truly gifted artist, I have now added her to one of my favorites. To check her out visit her web site by clicking on the link.

No comments: