Friday, September 18, 2009

Canada Goose



I work on an urban campus that is very "green". It includes several ponds that attract Canadian Geese. Many Geese. The return in the spring to build their nests. Soon you seem "families" of geese walking around campus. At that point the geese become a bit more aggressive as they are very protective of their young. Through out the summer I get to watch the little ones grow and become part of the growing number of geese that inhabit our camps. This time of year, the geese begin to thin out as flocks of them slowly begin to leave to make their southerly migration. Today there were a number geese who were walking me across campus. Generally they walk away when I walk by, but today they seemed to be interested in gain my attention. They are beautiful, graceful birds. But the evidence of their presence isn't always welcomed. Click here to learn more about the Canada Goose.

No comments: