Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Other Side



Another weekend on the road.  This trip took me to California for the second time in three weeks. Earlier in February, I spent several wonderful days in San Francisco. This trip took me to the other side of the Bay: Berkley, the site of many protests in the 60's and Haight-Ashbury. While I was "thinking critically" about Critical Thinking I was also enjoying some wonderful "spring" weather.  This conference kept me busy most of the day, but I was able to "steal" some precious moments in the evening to run through Chavez park, catch a sunset or visit the Botanical Gardens at the University of California. What a rare opportunity to see the west side of the San Francisco Bay one weekend only to see the east portion of the Bay two weeks later. This trip gave me a glimpse of things to come in the Midwest: flowering trees, tulips, warm breezes, and wonderful sunsets. Our conference ended on Sunday afternoon, leaving me time to visit the UC Botanical Gardens including the Redwood Park, buy tie-dyed tie shirts for my dogs, and walk through the college town of Berkley. 

No comments: