Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Night Escape

Friday Night Escape

After a long week it is nice to have a weekend away from week. Such a weekend begins with a "Friday Night Escape". Tonight I decided that escape meant attending an ECHL hockey game. The Toledo Walleye have been "in-town" about a month, so I decided it was time to pay another visit. My ticket was in section 102, right behind the goal. So many people I know who have purchased season tickets select seats at center ice. I prefer seats behind the goal. It seems to me that the most action and most interesting moments in the game occur around the goal. These seats give me the greatest chance to see the events unfold at me. Tonight the Walleye hosted Cincinnati. Cincinnati shot out to an early 1-0 lead. The Walleye tied the game up midway through the second half. That goal was answered by Cincinnati with three straight scores to post a 4 to 1 lead. Just when the crowd through the game was in Cincinnati's win column, the Walleye posted two straight goals bringing them to within one goal of a tie. However, that is where the game ended with Cincinnati notching a 4 to 3 win. Four of the seven goals were scored on power plays. The game also included a lot of "extra-curricular" action as well. In the first period alone, there were eight penalties, compared to six penalties in the remaining two periods.

No comments: