Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas Tree

O Christmas Tree


My mother's favorite holiday was Christmas. However, it could be "argued" that her favorite holiday was the one that was coming up. I remain steadfast in my belief that it was Christmas above all holidays. Her influence has been passed on to me. I love Christmas for many reasons. First, it is the celebration of my Savour's birth. Second, I love the Christmas decorations and celebrations. The lights are so special and warm a very dark time of the year. They remind me of the Light of the World and how his birth brought light into the World. I love the tree. A symbol for me of the living that continues to shine during a dormant time of the year. Each year I look forward to putting up the Christmas tree. Each year the ornaments remind me of "our favorite things". Each year, like so many years since my childhood, we add an ornament to the tree to continue to remind us of our favorite things. Once the tree is decorated and lite, I love to sit nearby and view the ornaments and reflect back upon the wonderful events, places, and people they symbolize in my life. Often, each ornament reminds me of multiple memories that I pray never fade as they serve as a gentle reminder of how precious life and people have been and remain so to me.

No comments: