Saturday, October 6, 2007

Back on the Mortorcycle


Today I was able to jump back on my other cycle......my motorcycle. I began the day with 525 miles on the motorcycle and over 1000 miles on my bicycle. Who would have thought? Reved the engine in the driveway and steadily pulled out. Destination? A favorite sporting goods store in southern Michigan. Twenty-five miles of wonderful highway along a wooded stretch of road. As we passed the campground the smell of fall campfires waffed in the air. A beautiful fall day, but one far more like mid-July than early October. Ninty degrees.....a third day of near record temperatures. One thing that my motorcycle and bicycle have in common.....it isn't the destination, but the journey that is important. Wish I could live my daily life focused more on the journey than what I need to check off my "to do" list.

No comments: