Thursday, November 3, 2016

Horn Toad



Ok, I'm breaking with the theme.  This is a site where I'm suppose to capture various birds that I see in my world.  A couple of years ago I moved from the Midwest to the West.  Since them I have not been as active in my "birdwatching" as I was when I could attract these wonderful creatures to the habitat in the backyard.  So what that confession I post something that is NOT a bird - a Horn Toad.

I found this little horn toad in our storage location.  I think I surprised it as much as it surprised me.  I had never seen a horn toad before because they do not live in the Midwest. However, here was the toad.  I bent down to get a closer look and the toad just remained very, very still.  Upon learning a bit more about the toad I discovered it could have squirted a blood substance at me.  I concluded that since it did not squirt blood at me or puff up that it must not have felt too threatened.

No comments: