Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ready to Ride

In just a day and a half I will be getting on the Iron Pony to begin a week long exploration of southwest Colorado. It has been almost two years since getting on the bike for a long ride. In some ways I am excited. My previous long rides were always enjoyable and taken me to place I would never otherwise go. I am also nervous because I have not been on a long ride in 20 months. My preparation begins by checking the weather channel app on my IPhone. Getting an idea of the weather in Colorado will help me know how to pack. I live in a very warm climate so the weather in Colorado will be different and I need to plan for it. Next, I made sure my bike was ready. I logged around 1000 miles over the past three weeks to make sure I was use to my new motorcycle. The oil is changed, the tires are properly inflated and she is ready to roll including a nice detail.  So, stay tuned beginning on June 13 for updates from the road. The only thing remaining is charging my cameras and GoPro. 

No comments: