Sunday, October 11, 2009

Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!





I have always LOVED the Steelers. Not totally sure why. I didn't grow up in Pittsburgh or even Pennsylvania for that matter. Perhaps I grew up at a time when the Steelers were really good - you know the 1970s when they had Bradshaw, Green, and Harris just to name a few. I have often attended Steeler games - at least once a year. I first caught them in Cincinnati. Then I got to see them in Pittsburgh at Heinz Field; opening day against the Oakland Raiders in 2004. I've even caught them in Cleveland, recently, and that game wasn't even close. However, today I was able to see them in Detroit. I was sure it would be a Steeler "blow out". I am, common on, the Lions were 0-16 last year. Yes, the beat the Redskins this year, but it isn't like the Redskins are that good. The Lions first draft choice was even injured. So I was sure I was in for a boring game. It was anything but boring. The Steelers won 28-20. Great game. Even better, Ford Field is a GREAT venue to see a game. There seemed to be as many Steelers fans as Lions fans there. Steeler fan travel well. The Lions were in it, until the last two minutes when the "Steel-Curtin" showed up and sacked Daunte Culpepper two times when the Lions were on the Steeler end of the field. Thankfully, the Steelers won again. So far, every where I've seen them play, they have come out winners.

No comments: